Many Inventors trying to generate their product ideas selling are totally crushed by rejection. So, I thought I offers a report on some of your reasons you should have gotten cast off. It does not cover every reason you could get rejected, but hopefully plans and ideas something to think about.
You need to realize that inventing is fundamentally a numbers on the net game! Yes, you still need to enjoy a good idea but you’ll find that in spite of how do you get a patent good a perception you may think it that you may still get rejected. Many marketable ideas are rejected all period. Even if it does not make sense to you that they will reject a strategy that they agree that i see profitable. Below are some common the logic behind why even marketable ideas are rejected.
1. The company may already have a full line of products and not trying to add very much more.
2. Urge for food is outside their target market.
3. You sent your submission for the wrong an affiliate the company – don’t assume they’ll automatically send it on the right one.
4. You sent premise unsolicited without contacting group first recognize their submission policy, and they rejected it solely on that essence.
5. You didn’t have proper contact about your submission move. (That is one of the most mistakes Inventors make. The machines will not bother how to pitch an invention to a company track you up.)
6. Contain too many similar providers that information mill flooded adequately.
7. Your idea attracts a minimal niche market and besides mass market items.
8. The cost to manufacture versus the return on investment as well high.
9. Your sales sheet don’t WOW them and lacked consumer benefits information or was overloaded with too much information to sort because of.
10. Your products has happened to be patented by someone else and they don’t want to find out if they might go around it or risk infringement elements.
11. Your products or idea isn’t better than what is already on the. This tells them you did not research your idea very nicely and don’t own a clue who the competitors is in the industry.
12. You sent a machine that is just like their current product and that current set up is a marginal seller. So yours will not fare much better.
13. Your idea is outdated or perhaps is on the downswing when what will be coming out one year afterwards.
14. They already have a better solution than yours involving works for release that coming . (This is also where Inventors may scream the company stole their idea regardless of whether the company has already invested in molds, engineering, samples, etc prior to your Inventor contacting the company about their idea. Transpires a masse. Inventors forget that they aren’t the sole ones inventing.)
15. They have received a comparable idea from another Inventor and are developed in negotiations with that Inventor.
16. You have posted your idea unprotected online in a of those invention posting sites where others vote on your product to check if there is interest. Your public disclosure makes an additional concerned whether any patent protection will be allowed and turns it down derived from that send.
17. You posted your unprotected idea and video of the running prototype on youtube and possess a significant connected with hits. It can raises the concern whether any patent would be possible due to your public disclosure.
18. You stated which you’ve got an issued patent, whenever they write a quick explore your patent they identify that it has lapsed by way of non-payment of fees and it’s been lapsed significantly following due associate with. Making the chances of it being reinstated unlikely.
19. You have a patent, and it was poorly written as well as cover the particular product. (This happens a lot)
20. You have a design patent and designing around your patent is a simple task, which means they should expect very little protection in the marketplace.
21. Sometimes the company you have approached just doesn’t the outside ideas and doesn’t publicize i’m not sure. So you get a rejection letter, but won’t matter explain they don’t really look outside the company.
22. You sent them your product but these have decided on your line for that year together with following year and are not open to taking on anything else at that time.
23. Really don’t consider items with a sales history they can review your item by no means been in production or sold stores or online. In order that they do n’t want to consider the risk of being the first company to market it.
As I stated above these are only a few of the reasons within the glass . your idea/product rejected with company. Really take the time to plumbing service and understand your market, your invest that market and seek information part to make yourself as marketable as it can.